Sunday, January 31, 2010

The harder I work, the luckier I get~

I am happy! I never feel so satisfied and contented!
Wanna know why... just continue reading and u will know...

As a teacher since last year May, i never feel free and relax with this job...
Never know the workload as a teacher in Utama International School is damn lot...
Feel so stress and exhausted... Feel so tension and tired...

Even though i love to be a teacher, work life in this school is not i want...with all the foreign students, students that with different races, different religions, different cultures, different languages, different thoughts, different perspectives of life...really a difficult task for the teachers to teach them, to control them, to handle them...

As a new teacher, alot of things i need to learn and ask around...
I try my best to teach my students...
Different students need to use different ways of teaching...
Need to understand why some students act differently...
Sometimes i will feel so upset and tired of teaching them, as some of them are so naughty and disobedient...

Thinking that the purpose of working there is just to gain 1 year experience, i tell myself to be patience strives for it...
Gaining this 1 year experience is crucial to fulfill the requirement for a master degree in education... Tat’s y i won’t stay long there...
I deserve to work somewhere that is better...somewhere that belongs to me...

On the 1st day of school, there was a Korean boy student who was too shy and close up to himself.
He is very gregarious when he is among family members and people he knows. But when he meets someone new, he tends to become very withdrawn, uncomfortable and even fearful. He dislikes attention from strangers.
It’s hard to deal with him. I try to communicate with him and he ignores me, as if i’m invisible. But i never give up to understand this child. Knowing his interest, weakness and strength is a way for me to tackle him.
And few days later, this boy starts to open up and now i have become his favourite teacher! Surprise isn’t it? His mum felt so thankful to me. His mum complimented me for what i’ve done.
I felt so happy and satisfied. And this really motivates me to move further.

I never take things as granted... Even i don’t like the tasks given to me, i will still do it to the best...
As i’m a perfectionist, i’m very efficient in whatever i do with full of determination and perseverance... There’s not only quantity in my works but also quality in my works...

The teachers around me shall see it and thus during the school holidays meeting, they gave me a new task for the year 2010.
I’m chosen to be leader of one of the school event which was Parents and Teachers’ Meeting. The event was on 21st Jan and i need to submit my post mortem on the next day.
That one whole week, i’m not only busy with my WLP, DLP, marking books, but also need to burn midnight oil to prepare the post mortem.
What a rush they want it and i can’t escape to submit on time as our teachers meeting was on the next day.
I just try my best to do it.

On the next day, i managed to submit the post mortem to the principal.
I’m in charge of the primary and another teacher in charge of the secondary.
When the meeting came to discuss about the event, the principal straight praised me for my good job as i was punctual in submitting my post mortem compared to other teachers. The principal complimented me for doing my job well even i’m a new teacher. I was afraid what i done was not good enough. She read out loud my report and she put me as example to all the teachers. All the teachers looked at me and i felt so shy that time. What shall i say?
I’m so happy and feel contented with what i’ve done.
After all, my hard work paid off!

I can’t deny i’m a good teacher. Up to date, there are no any complaints from the parents. No troubles created from the parents. And of course there will be none of it in the future!

Due to my hard work and dedication, some of my students’ parents complimented me by giving me gift. Since the 1st day of school, i consistently received gifts from the parents. I felt so hesitate to take it but the parents insisted me to receive it.

As u know, students in International School are damn rich. They can buy expensive things for you. As the Chinese New Year is around the corner, some parents gave me gift as a token of appreciation, acknowledgement, recognition, etc...

Hence, working in this school, there’s a good side and bad side. There’s a balance in my job.
At least i’m being appreciated and respected.
At least, the hard work i put is worth and paid off!

I know you can’t believe it but you really gotta to believe it... or you can ask my housemates and my hunny about it hee *wink*

souvenir from a Thai student~ accessories from Thai~

expensive brand at Thailand~

souvenir from Eygpt~

Eu Yan Sang hamper and prawn cracker~

cookies and juice from a Korean student~


handmade fan specially for me from a Chinese student~


Preserved Fruits from an Indon student~

There was also a half dozen Big Apple donuts from a Korean student... Forget to take a picture of it...

All that is just up to date... I guess there will be more this coming days/weeks :P

The best preparation for good work tomorrow is to do good work today!

So that's all for now!

Actually while blogging this, i'm busy typing questions for the coming test...

Busy right... Even weekends, i never stop from doing my school works... haih... :(

Till then...

*huggies* and *kisses*

1 comment: